8 November 2011

Bombay Bicycle Club - A Different Kind of Fix


My Rating: 3.3/5

I have not really noticed the band and thought they are just those typical Brit-pop band until I took a trial listening on their 2nd album “Flaws” in HMV and I felt so impressive on their works……..those full acoustic folk plays with emotional intensity, poetry intimacy and sun-shining youth remind me Kings of Convenience…….so, I bought back their debut “I Had the Blues But I Shook Them Loose which was released in 2009 and expected some more beautiful acoustic stuff, but the outcome is disappointing which is just different kind of stuff with those ordinary youthful guitar indie-pop stuff…..

Coming to this 3rd album, I wonder if this London act, Bombay Bicycle Club, will go for beautiful acoustic folk stuff again or the ear-catching guitar indie pop stuff for better commercial success……..the answer is including both with some subtle beautiful finger pick acoustic guitar folk ballads and also the upbeat refreshing guitar indie hits……not a bad album though also not really a special one!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment