7 October 2011

Mogwai - Earth Division EP


My Rating: 4/5

Normally I tend to not buying EP due to its limited playing time that is not long enough to create a complete vibe and concept to listeners I think……but since I like this Scottish post rock legend’s last album ‘Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will’ so much, I am very interested to have a listen on their new music before their next release…….. as seeing there’s only 4 tracks with playing time just like some pop songs at 3-4 minutes, so I have no expectation at all before listening……but just less than 20 minutes’ play of the whole album, I am just impressed!!! (for an EP?!)........Mogwai just played some new stuff (at least partially if not all new) in these 4 tracks with more melancholy and minimal approach with more focus on string and piano plays…..much less brutal and powerful, but still epic post rock stuff….reminds me those strings-laden post rock bands like Mono, etc……Maybe this EP is a sign of their new direction or just an one-off test drive….time will tell!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment