15 February 2011

Surface of Atlantic - A Frame Per Season


(My Rating: 3.5/5)


I know this band since I recently notice many recommendations and praises on this band in comparison to those post rock super bands Sigur Ros, Mogwai, etc. ‘A Frame Per Season’ is second album from Surface of Atlantic since this Canadian band’s debut 'Ephemeral As We Speak' in 2007.

After the first listen, my feeling is not in connection to Sigur Ros or Mogwai, but it reminds me the recent Spokes album…..the two bands are not the same or similar music style, but they share the same approach that they play indie pop rock stuffs with post rock sugar-coating .........but who knows it would cater for both indie pop and post rock fans that feel like times listening Keane and times listening Sigur Ros or neither of them will like it….. Nevertheless, it is a solid, easy listening and good album indeed!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment